The Masters Golf Tournament is considered one of the most renowned golf competitions in the world and that’s why the tournament is like the crown jewel for golf. Among the four major golf events, the Masters is the held first and with this tournament, the golfers receive the signals that spring has officially arrived. It is true that the PGA Tour of golf is conducted throughout the year; however, for a large number of golf lovers the Masters Golf Tournament is the official beginning of a new golf season.
Tradition of the Masters Golf Tournament
With the golf course – Augusta National, the traditional and history of this tournament is associated. Augusta National is situated in Georgia and it is considered as an exclusive as well as private golf club due to its beauty and tradition. Each hole of this golf course is named after a renowned flower. Even year on the first Sunday of April, the winner of the tournament receives the award from the previous year’s winner of the Masters.
Although tradition plays a big role in the Masters Tournament, however, the main focus always remains on the playing of golf and most of the world famous players come to participate here and it is hard to guess who will hold the champion’s trophy in 2016 Masters Golf Tournament.
Key Information of 2016 Masters Golf Tournament
- Date of the Tournament – Like every year, the tournament is going to be held on April as it starts on Thursday, 7th April while finally ends on Sunday, 10th April, 2016.
- Location of the Tournament – Augusta National Golf Club, Augusta, Georgia
- 2016 Masters Prize Worth – Among the entire prize pool $10,000,000 plus the winner will get $1,800,000 for the first place. Of course, there is the Green Jacket with 600 FedEx Cup Points.
2016 Masters Golf Tournament Preview
In 2016, several top field golfers are going to participate in the tournament. No golfer has turned down his invitation for participating in the tournament and this year we are going to see Jordan Spieth, the last year’s champion who will take on Rory McIlroy who is once again looking forward to win the Green Jacket. Undoubtedly, Rory McIlroy will give a tough competition to Jordon for taking the number one ranking in the world at present occupied by Jordon Spieth. In fact, 2016 Masters Golf Tournament is going to be exciting with the participation of Bubba Watson along with other young golfers like Jason Day, Dustin Johnson and Rickie Fowler and many more.
The oddsmakers at online bookmaker bet365 have placed McIlroy at the top of the crop to take this year’s title. Will he come through and claim victory at Augusta?
Let’s have a look on the early favorite of 2016 Masters Golf Tournament Preview
- Rory McIlroy: He has immense possibility to be the number one player by winning this tournament again. It is very tough to make him wash up as he is a treat for others as he enters in a tournament.
- Jordan Spieth: Unlike Tiger Woods, Jordan Spieth may not top choice for winning a tournament consecutively; however, hopes are there that being the defending Masters Champion, he will stay few steps forward to wear the green jacket for second time.
- Bubba Watson: Since this 2 time Masters Champion won the trophies in the alternative years (2012 and 2014), chance is there that 2016 will be his lucky year again.
As the action is just about one month away, to take your love of the game to the next level, learn more about bet365 by checking out this BET365 review here.